Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thankful Tuesday's...

Today I am thankful for sleep. Both Jocelyn and I were able to get a good nights sleep last night and she is doing so much better today. She has been sleepy and tired today per Dee (her babysitter) and took some cat naps today. She is doing really well at taking her medicines and doesn' t fight me or Dee when we give it to her. Jocelyn is still running a low grade fever and I have been giving her Children's Tylenol to keep that down. Her runny nose has stopped but she still has the cough which is sounding better today also. Mama was able to sleep from 9:30 pm to 5 am this morning and then I said I can lay here for another thirty minutes and the next time I looked at the clock it read 6:10 am. I had fallen back asleep. I know other parents told me to be prepared to get little or no sleep when you get your daughter and I knew that was case with newborns as they need to be fed every few hours. I never realized how little sleep matters when your child is ill or in pain and just wants you to comfort them. I have learned and am learning many new things about myself in this journey. The one that stands out from all the rest is how much I LOVE being Jocelyn's mama.

No comments: