Saturday, October 25, 2008

Christmas shopping before Halloween??...

Yes we went Christmas shopping today. My mother wanted to get started as there were specific items she wanted to get Jocelyn. She wanted to make sure that she got them now and not later when they could be out of stock or hard to find. She got Jocelyn the Fisher Price 2 in 1 learning kitchen and the Fisher Price Little Super Star sound stage. She will love them. We have decided to concentrate on the reason for the season and not the materialism of the season. It is hard though because you want to give her everything she wants as this is the first Christmas she will be with us. We are going to keep some traditions that I had growing up such as we have to eat breakfast before we open presents (usually consisting of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls and hot choclate) and only one person at a time opens a present so that we can share in the joy of the person opening the gift. One new tradition that both my mom and I want to start with Jocelyn is to read the Christimas story from the Bible every year. My first Christmas as a mother (that still sounds strange to me).

Now on to Halloween. I have finally decided what costume Jocelyn is going to wear. Drumroll please. She is going to be a ladybug. We found the costume at a store that resells baby and toddler clothes, toys, etc. We got a black longsleeved t shirt and a pair of long black pants and black shoes today at Target/Walmart. She doesn't seem to like the "hooded feelers" and she keeps trying to pull them off. I hope that she will at least let me take pictures with the hood on. I will post them if I can get them.

1 comment:

lillian08 said...

And what a Beautiful LADYBUG Jocelyn will be... Lilli is going to be a Bumble Bee. See pictures on my blog from our church's Carnival yesterday.
I agree with you on non-materializing Christmas. Lilli has a couple of surprises, but we want her to know the real reason we are celebrating. I love your traditions... we plan on starting a few of our own this year too!
xo,
Jen