Thursday, December 4, 2008

This and that.....

Jocelyn has learned some new words in the last few days. od grl (good girl), it (sit) this is said as she is pointing to our dogs. She has also learned to point to things or people when we name them such as mama (she will point to me) grandma (she will point to my mom) and we can do this with our dogs also. Two days ago my mom said piano and she went and pointed her finger at the piano. We then said tv and she went and pointed to the tv. She soaks up everything like a dry sponge that is in a swimming pool.

We are still throwing the temper tantrums every day now so please be in prayer that my nerves can hold out and that my patience can be quadrupled for the next "little" (I hope) while. Also pray that I can find the right way to handle the tantrums that she and I will be happy with.

My mom talked to my grandma yesterday and she stated that the memorial service for my grandfather was the family sitting in the living room telling stories and reliving memories of my grandfather. My grandmother stated that they were able to even laugh at a few of the memories. We have started the process of healing. Thank you again for all of your prayers.

2 comments:

JoodyC said...

Your daughter is adorable! I can see why she's the love of your life. Children are so proud of themselves when they make that connection between words and things. They're also proud that they pleased you.

As you know, children usually start having tantrums when they have about a 100-200 word vocabulary. The big problem is having some words, but not enough words yet. The result can be a tantrum.

Normally tantrums will come when she's tired, hungry, or frustrated. If you find she has tantrums at other times, you might want to start a trigger list. What was she doing? What time of day? What day of the week? What had she just eaten? Who was she with? Where was she? It may be that the carpet in Aunt Grace and Uncle George's home upsets her system (I'm sure it's not Aunt Grace and Uncle George), or sif he's late getting to nap time.

Once you have a list of tantrum triggers you can help prevent them and life is a lot easier.

Enjoy her enjoyment and good luck!

Judy Colbert
Temper Tantrum Common Sense Handbook
www.TuffTurtle.com/tantrums.htm

lillian08 said...

Sounds like Miss Jocelyn is really smart!!! Isn't it funny how much they seem to pick up in such a short amount of time?!
Danny and I have been really trying to mind our p's and q's.... Lilli seems to really concentrate on our words. REPEATS EVERYTHING!
Still praying for the tantrum situation!
xo,
Jen