Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"The Call"......

One year ago today I got the "call" that would completly change my life forever. At 15:45 at work the call came from my family coordinator Leah at AWAA stating that she was looking at a picture of my daughter. She told me that she had no hair and brown eyes and was born on 04/10/07 and that she was from the Jiangxi province and had been in an orphanage called the Wanzai Social Welfare Institute and was on the chubby side. She also let me know that they would be fedexing her pictures and bio information and I should receive it the next day. They were right on all counts weren't they? As soon as I got off the phone with Leah I immediately called and let my mom know. I don't think you could have dynamited the smile off my face that day. This is the first picture that I ever got to see of Jocelyn.

This is the most recent picture that I have of Jocelyn. My has she grown!!! Her hair has grown some too.

Happy one year anniversary of the call to everyone in Travel group 132.

3 comments:

Kevin and Kim said...

Happy one year..I can't believe it!! Have fun celebrating this day. Jocelyn is a beautiful little girl and has grown so much this past year. What a blessing to see them change and grow every day and to have spent a whole year since knowing who our daughter's were.

Enjoy the day!!

lillian08 said...

Happy 1 Year Referral Anniversary!!! Woooo-hoooo!
xo, Jen

the mommy said...

From one Wanzai mom to another Congrats on one year as a family.

Hugs
Susan