Tuesday, February 24, 2009

11 months and one week.....

Today marks the day that Jocelyn has been my daughter as long as she was in the orphanage in China. Tomorrow I will have been her mama longer than she was in China. That got me thinking about her life in China and I wanted to share some of the photographs that the nannies took of her with the camera I sent in her care package. This picture is taken not to far inside the gate of the Wanzai Social Welfare Institute where Jocelyn was found on the 11th of April 2007, the day after she was born. She is layered with clothes as the Chinese think that the children are cold and need to be covered.

These are some of the nannies that took care of Jocelyn until I came to bring her home.

This shows the front of the orphange where Jocelyn spent the first 11 months and one week of her life.

A better picture of one of her nannies.
I think that this picture is taken inside the orphanage front gate but I am not sure.

I found out from my travel sister Stephanie that this is a stroller/potty chair that you could slide a container in the bottom.
Here Jocelyn has the lamb and pictures that I sent her in the care package. Unfortunately we did not come back with any of the items that I had sent in the care package. I know Jocelyn is saying "This is my new mommy and soon she is going to come and get me and take me home"

Again per my travel sister Stephanie I found out that this building is where the nannies and foster mothers live.

Thank you Wanzai Social Welfare Institute for keeping my daughter safe and happy until I could come and get her and thank you for the wonderful glimpse into Jocelyn's life in China.






5 comments:

Kevin and Kim said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! It's hard to believe how much our girls have changed, isn't it? Happy 11 months and one week. I can't believe next month will be a year since Gotcha.

lillian08 said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. I wish I had received photos like these of Lilli, but unfortunately did not. Makes me so sad... I do have photos of her orphanage and a photo taken on Gatcha Day with her nanny...
Jocelyn is so precious!!!
xoxo, Jen

lillian08 said...

Oops, that would be "GOTCHA DAY" not "GATCHA DAY"... LOL ;o)

the mommy said...

Renee you have inspired me to scan and post my Foster mother pictures as well. I will get to that soon. I think the other little girl in the last picture you posted here may be Sophia. Do you know who she is? I will scan a picture of her at that age and send it to you..

Thanks for posting these...

Susan

Stephanie and Jamie said...

I love these photos! I wonder if that is Sophia in that picture? Wouldn't that be neat! Don't you love that you have had Jocelyn longer now- that is a huge moment!!!

Love- Stephanie