Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rooms and updates......

First the updates. The 12 month post placement visit went really well on Monday. Nikki (the social worker) stated that Jocelyn looked happy and healthy and was a normal 22 month old. Full of energy and always ready to play.

Now unto the room. My mom and I have been working on Jocelyn's room for quite a while now and it is just about finished. We have 4 pictures to hang and a few other little things to hang up and it will be done. HORRAY! I thought I would so you some pictures.

This is the bookcase that is just inside the door to the room. As you can see she has many to choose from. Most of them are the Beranstein bear books as I loved them as a child and I wanted to pass that on to Jocelyn.


This is the new dresser that we got specifically for Jocelyn as only one drawer can be opened at a time and the drawers can't come all the way out so it is much safer for her.

Here is her toybox that mama put together (boy was that an experience let me tell you) Jocelyn loves to take the toys out and put them on the floor.

Here is the shelf that I painted and the dresses are just ones that we found at thrift stores but doesn't it make a cute display for her fragile ladybug figurines??

This is a closeup of the "flower garden" that I created on her wall. I think that the butterflies add just the right touch.

This is a quilt the 3 ladies at my church made and gave to me at the baby shower the church threw after we came home. I LOVE LOVE it!!!

Here is a picture that shows off my mothers talents of which she has many. Let me explain. The cushions that are on the rocker were made entirely by her she even had to cut the foam to make them. She sewed the curtains that you see. Last but not least she did the mosiac on top of the table next to the rocker. You can't really see the design but it is the Chinese character for daughter. Told you she was talented.

Here is her kitchen that she got for Christmas. It is just inside the door.

Here is a closeup of the decals that are all over her room. I think that they are adorable.

Here is a picture as you are standing at the door to her room looking in.


This says it all. I bought the wooden letters at Wal-Mart and painted them in bright pearly colors.
Thanks for your prayers for my post placement visit. I felt very calm while she was here so I know that my prayer warriors were hard at work.









3 comments:

the mommy said...

I love the room. It is very sweet and perfect for a little girl. Great job..

Susan

lillian08 said...

The room looks beautiful and the last picture says it all... LOVE! You can see all the love that went into making Jocelyn's room special for her.
xo, Jen

Kevin and Kim said...

I love the ladybug decor! Her room looks very nice!

Glad your post placement went well. Ours is done as well, and to say it is a great feeling to have it completed is an understatement!