Saturday, September 5, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

We had a very busy weekend last weekend. Friday night was game night at church. Of course Jocelyn was the hit of the party. We helped Aunt Betty put together a puzzle, and just played and had fun. Saturday morning we ran errands and then Saturday afternoon we had a birthday party to go to for Jocelyn's good buddy TJ. He turned 3 and we had a good time. Great food too. On Sunday afternoon from 3 to 6 pm we had a back to school carnival at our church with games and food. They also had an inflatible jumping room. As you can see Jocelyn loved it!!

Oops, I don't think that I was supposed to fall down. Oh well it sure is fun!!

They also had face painters. Jocelyn sat still and was great while the lady painted her face. She was a little scared at first. She wasn't sure what to expect but she went with the flow.

Like my two Happy faces???


On the potty training front. We have now gone four days in big girl panties with no accidents. I am sooooo proud of my daughter that I can't tell you.
On a bad note the rash that Jocelyn has on her back (for 3 weeks now) was getting a little bit better while on the antibiotics that the doctor put her on but started spreading like wildfire the last 2 days. The itching is constant. I ended up taking her to urgent care last night as I couldn't get her back in to the doctor due to the holiday weekend. The doctor at urgent care said that she has scabies. I had never heard of it before, but apparently there is a mite (the size of 5 mm) that burrows under the skin and lays 3 eggs and "poops" under the skin. We are allergic to the poop and this causes the itching and when the eggs hatch they in turn burrow under the skin and do the same thing so it is a continuous cycle. I have a cream that I put on her last night and again tonight that will kill the mites. Unfortunately it could take up to four weeks before the itching stops for her. Please pray for Jocelyn's itching and rash to have a quick and speedy recovery.



1 comment:

lillian08 said...

Cute pictures.... & a BIG WOOOOO-HOOOOO for 4 days of no accidents for Miss Jocelyn!! WAY TO GO, GOOD JOB!!!!!!
We are beginning that phase with Lilli. She's doing really well, but I forget to remind her that she NEEDS to go. So I guess you could say I'm in potty training too! :o)
XO,
Jen