Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surprise....

Saturday July 18th was my 40th birthday. On Friday the 17th my mom and my church family threw me a surprise birthday party. The theme was flip flops as that is the shoe of choice for me if I have to wear shoes. It was a blast and I was sooooo surprised. I had no clue!! Most of the gifts were gag gifts such as bran flakes, large print crossword puzzles, and crying towels, etc. I also had to wear my purple hair, purple beads, purple flipflops, and glasses that had the number 40 on them. I was quite a sight let me tell you!! By the way can you guess what my favorite color is??


Here is the wonderful cake that they had for me.
Other things to report. Jocelyn is working on potty training now and is doing really well. We have had no accidents so far, we still have some work to do but I think we will be out of diapers real soon. YEAH!!! I have had two rounds of sore throat in the last two weeks, the last round starting last night and getting worse as the day wears on so please pray that my throat will get better quickly.

3 comments:

Pat Casteen said...

Happy belated Birthday! I like the party theme. Flipflops are one of my favorite shoes, too.

God Bless
Pat

Stephanie and Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Jocelyn's Mama!!!
Don't you just love being called that- :0)
I love your birthday color-theme!
I am excited for Jocelyn's potty training. The panties thing is awesome. I think we could have moved her into panties sooner, but we were so worried about accidents. She loves her panties!

We will be praying for you. Hope you feel better really soon!

lillian08 said...

So funny... Hope your birthday was a wonderful one. Sounds truly memorable!!!
We are potty training... not successfully yet, but we are seeing a few changes everyday. Hopefully she will get it soon. She talks about it all the time... and there's a whole lot of flushing going on in our house! :o) Lilli LOVES to flush the toilet!!
Miss you... hope y'all are well!
XOXO,
Jen