Sunday, June 14, 2009

And thee "I's" have it.....

Jocelyn's new favorite word is I. As in I do it. I can mommy. Her new 2nd favorite word is mine. She will pick up a toy and say mine, or a book my mom or I have been reading and say mine. Can you tell she is two?? Today after we got home from church she said "I cowere" (color) and pointed to a package of sidewalk chalk that we had bought yesterday. We went outside to the front porch (a concrete slab if you remember from a previous post) and colored. In the following picture she looks like she has been put in time out but she hasn't been. She decided to look down just as I took the picture.

Do you really have to take more pictures of me mommy? I want to go and play!!

She couldn't decide which color to use as she only had 20 to choose from.

I finally was able to get a picture of her hair on the back of her head. It is growing but soooooo slowly.

Here is most of her drawing that she did. What a masterpiece!!

She was done coloring now and ready to go run. Mommy had to chase her of course.

We have also been working on our letters, colors, and numbers to 10. She can repeat the letters after me but can't point to a letter and tell you what it is. She has learned some of her colors, mostly red and blue. She can say her numbers after me but again can't point to a number and tell you what it is. We will continue to work on them.





3 comments:

Stephanie and Jamie said...

How funny! Lily is saying the exact same thing- everything is "Lily do it!" or "Mine, Mine, Mine!" I think that is pretty cool that we are the same track...
Jocelyn also has Lily's picture-abilities. Sometimes, she will say, "Cheeeeeze!" and sometimes she won't even look at us for anything!
yes, our girls are 2! But, you know don't you still love this age!? It is so much fun for them to know so much more and be able to have conversations with them!

Kevin and Kim said...

Love the Elmo outfit! Her hair is getting thicker in the back! Her saying mine is too cute! Hannah doesn't say that yet...but is working on her letters too!

lillian08 said...

TERRIBLE TWO'S??? I say... TERRIFIC TWO'S! The second picture of Jocelyn in front of the tree cracks me up! She's such a ham!!
XO, Jen